Divide tool (on polygon) not producing associated COGO boundary lines

Jump to solution
11-16-2022 01:22 PM
AlisonKelsey
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2 to edit parcels in an Enterprise 10.9.1 geodatabase (PostgreSQL 13.5).

When using the divide tool, I select a parcel polygon to divide using the divide tool.  It divides the parcel but no associated boundary lines (COGO) are produced.  Why would this be the case?

Alison

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlisonKelsey
Esri Contributor

Hi Amir,

Another question: why, when I use the divide (polygon) tool on a file geodatabase does it create a boundary line in the associated line feature class, but does not do the same on the feature service?  Figure 1 below showing steps is performed in a fgdb, whereas the same steps in the feature service show a different result (Figure 2)?

Figure 1Figure 1

Figure 2Figure 2

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

As for differences in behavior between file GDB and using feature services - there should be no difference. Please contact technical support and submit a case. They could determine if this is an actual bug or a user error.

AlisonKelsey
Esri Contributor

Hi Amir,

I do not believe this is a bug, and tracking down the source of the problem was because two factors were involved.  I've tested it  again and got intermittent results that I now believe to be attributable to memory issues because of the intermittent nature.  Additionally, after using the divide tool, the user needs to build extent and then update COGO lines.  All good and thanks for your help.

Alison

0 Kudos