Build parcel bric extent throwing error

12-08-2022 10:23 AM
Labels (1)
DrewDowling
Occasional Contributor III

Building the parcel fabric in certain extents has started throwing the error:

Edit operation failed.

ERROR: The index passed was not within the valid range.

Adjacent areas build no problem, it seems to be localized. I tried shrinking the parcels to seeds and reconstructing them but the error persists. Has anyone encountered this? We are using version 5 of the fabric and Pro 3.0.3

DrewDowling_0-1670523727613.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you open up the Diagnostic Monitor (Ctrl Alt M) and get it to log the activity when this is happening?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
DrewDowling

@jcarlsonThanks for the suggestion. I logged the event from the Diagnostic monitor but nothing stood out. I don't see any warnings in the log but I do see where the server returned edit operation failed. If I check the ArcGIS Server server logs I see

SEVEREDec 8, 2022, 11:24:24 AMThe index passed was not within the valid range.. HRESULT = 0x80040202Landbase/Landbase.MapServer
0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@DrewDowling 

The development team would like to have the data and understand the cause of the failure. Could you please open a technical support case and let the technical support analyst know that the dev team is waiting for it?

Thanks,

Amir

0 Kudos
DrewDowling

@AmirBar-MaorI've opened a case and I'm waiting to hear back. Case number #03219406. Do you want a .bak file from the database? I can also create a user for you if you want to log in and look at the data. It's still a development database. We are supposed to go live this weekend.

AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@DrewDowling 
Thanks for your prompt creation of the case. We will be restoring your data and get to the bottom of this issue. 

janders4
New Contributor

I'm having the exact same issue as Drew.  Did this ever get resolved?

thanks,
Jeff Anderson

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Here is an update: we think we have a fix for this issue that we are currently testing against ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2. 

@DrewDowling We could not have fixed it without you opening a technical support ticket and providing the data. So thank you!