Show Only Active: Show me Features Retired by Active Record

08-03-2022 09:20 AM
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would like to see a change to the definition query that is applied by Show Only Active. The current definition query for retired features is:

createdbyrecord = '[active record GlobalID]' And retiredbyrecord IS NOT NULL

When I'm working on a record, sometimes I want to glance at the parent parcel features, or the parent boundary lines. Toggling Show Only Active for a few features that, in my mind, are already associated with the active record by virtue of being retired by it, is tedious.

The default Parcel Fabric settings are already splitting out my active / retired features. If I don't want to see  historic features, I just don't turn on that layer in the Contents pane.

I would suggest the following:

(createdbyrecord = '[active record GlobalID]' OR retiredbyrecord = '[active record GlobalID]') AND retiredbyrecord IS NOT NULL

This would expose any features retired by the active record, and I would be able to see truly all features involved in a document when Show Only Active is on. And like I said, if I don't want to see those parent features, I just don't turn on the Historic layer. For most users, they wouldn't even notice this change, since I think most of us leave those layers turned off for active work anyway.