Default COGO Labels for Connection Lines: Centered / Straddled

08-01-2022 08:52 AM
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The new label position attribute on parcel lines is great, and helps make for a sensible, clear map. Connection lines, though, don't have that field. And nor should they, it wouldn't make sense for a connection line to have a "sided-ness".

I noticed that connection lines still come in with the previous iteration of the COGO line label classes. I'd like to see the default label class for connection lines utilize the centered "straddle" label style that you see in the COGO Shared label class on parcel lines. This would keep all my parcel fabric labels displayed in a cohesive, space-efficient manner.

1 Comment
JasonCamerano

Hey @jcarlson 

You could take the "Shared" label class from the other Parcel Type lines and copy and paste it into the Connection Lines layer.  However they might be a small trick, you should copy the label expression from Connection Lines and paste it else where.  Once you bring the Shared Line label class to the connection lines you will need to remove SQL query that's checking for the Label Position field and in the Connection Line Label Expression you can re-paste the copied label expression.  The reason for the copy and paste of the expression is that the other Parcel Type lines label expression check for the Label Position field (I've since added a try/catch like code in the arcade expression so it would work for connection lines).

However, we will take into consideration making this the default.  Thanks for the post!