Unnamed "error" after every attempt to use "analyze" in ArcGIS Online

08-10-2022 10:45 AM
Labels (3)
DavidM1
New Contributor

Every time that I try and use 'perform analysis' in ArcGIS online, (while in map viewer classic), an unnamed and unnumbered error occurs. I can't seem to find the issue on my side. It might have something to do with the fact that my data was extracted from an excel document using addresses and cities, rather than coordinates?

error message.png

 This is an image of the error message (how does this help me!)

Thanks to anyone that helps with this issue,

David

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DavidM1
New Contributor

It happens even while trying to extract data from the map, so it seems to be a data issue, if anything? But how can I solve this?

0 Kudos
JayLarsen
Occasional Contributor II

OH....in that case, do you have the rights to extract data?  It is a specific right that must be granted on layers, etc.

0 Kudos
JayLarsen
Occasional Contributor II

I get this occasionally as well.  Always at the wrong moment. I can never tell if it is me and my corporate firewalls or ESRI being weird.

Logging in and out of AGOL and/or the computer sometimes clears it. Sometimes just keep hitting "redo" button or setting up the calc again does it.

Very frustrating! Good luck!

0 Kudos
DavidM1
New Contributor

Thanks, I will try doing this. 

0 Kudos
DavidM1
New Contributor

Your fix didn't seem to work. The only thing I can tell which could affect this is that when I add my layer, which is to be analyzed, to arc map viewer classic online, a message is displayed which says that not all features of the map are supported by map viewer classic. Maybe this has something to do with it? 

0 Kudos
DavidM1
New Contributor

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-questions/edit-portal-services-url/m-p/430617/highli...

This link shows a previous issue with the same error message; however, all the hyperlinks provided by the Esri staff seem to be outdated. 

0 Kudos
AmandaRing
Esri Contributor

Hi @DavidM1,

Are you able to share the data and steps you are following? I'd like to see if I can reproduce your error.

Thanks,

Amanda
Product Engineer - Web Analysis
0 Kudos