Solution for adding or removing records from table hosted in AGOL?

Jump to solution
07-16-2019 04:42 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to figure out a way to add, remove, and modify records on a table hosted in AGOL. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Anthony Von Moos

To edit AGOL data in ArcMap:

• Add the feature service containing the data you want to edit in ArcMap using the "Add Data from ArcGIS Online" option
  • In your Table of Contents, right click on the feature service and select Edit Features > Create Local Copy for Editing

Create Local Copy

• Edit the data as you would typically in ArcMap, save your edits and quit editing
  • Right click on the feature service again and this time select Edit Features > Synchronize Local Edits with Server

Synchronize Local Edits

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Anthony, 

There are many ways you can do this.  

• You can edit the table manually on AGOL, or using ArcGIS Desktop or Pro
  • you can republish an updated table
  • you can run a script to update the table in its entirety or individual rows and fields.

Can you please elaborate more on what you are trying to do, how you would like to accomplish the task and what you have tried so far or where you are having problems?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know I can edit it in AGOL but not quite sure how to add or remove a record to the table without having to overwrite the table from ArcMap.

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Anthony Von Moos

To edit AGOL data in ArcMap:

• Add the feature service containing the data you want to edit in ArcMap using the "Add Data from ArcGIS Online" option
  • In your Table of Contents, right click on the feature service and select Edit Features > Create Local Copy for Editing

Create Local Copy

• Edit the data as you would typically in ArcMap, save your edits and quit editing
  • Right click on the feature service again and this time select Edit Features > Synchronize Local Edits with Server

Synchronize Local Edits

0 Kudos