Sharing web map app in a group to public accounts

Jump to solution
01-30-2023 04:18 AM
LeanneT
New Contributor

Via my organisational ArcGIS Online account, I'm part of a ArcGIS Online group. As far as I'm aware, you need to have an organisational account to be added to the group to then view the web mapping application that it contains. The data cannot be listed as public due to data restrictions. If I understand the permissions correctly, when the data is listed as public it can be found online and so would break data confidentiality agreements. 

I want to add people who don't pay for ArcGIS Online so they can also make sure of the web mapping application. If they make a public account, can they be added to the group? Or is there another way to solve this?

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JakeSkinner

Hi Leanne,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to invite a public account user to join an organizational group, without being a member of that organization, or being a member of a different organization.

0 Kudos
LeanneT
New Contributor

Thanks for letting me know Jake. Do you know a workaround? Could I add some public accounts to my organisation as a Viewer?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

The public accounts can be converted as named users within your Organization.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/get-started/join-org.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_73A22DB113B7429B91101...

0 Kudos
LeanneT
New Contributor

We only have a limited number of creator accounts available though, so we'd have to purchase more licences to do this if we wanted a few more people to join? 

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Yes, that is correct.

0 Kudos
LeanneT
New Contributor

That won't work with our budgets sadly, so for me there is no solution, however I'll accept the solution above as that might work for some.

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

Talk to your account manager, something could be worked out...

0 Kudos