Remove Custom Symbol in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
02-07-2021 06:48 PM
Labels (1)
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

When using Custom Symbols in ArcGIS Online (default map viewer), how do you remove custom symbols from the 'Custom Images' drop-down list? Thanks.

Jamie.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

It will disappear eventually. I can't recall how or where that is cached, but your unused/unwanted custom symbol will disappear over time.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

It will disappear eventually. I can't recall how or where that is cached, but your unused/unwanted custom symbol will disappear over time.

Ebrahim
New Contributor II

This is not user-friendly. Imagine wanting to add 50 legend items a couple of times to check for improvements and having to wait each time that they'd go away "eventually."
Not only do I not get an option for bulk importing my perfectly named icons for a feature layer, but also, I hit the "Maximum number of symbols reached." and have to wait for them to decide when I can continue. Just Ridiculous. Bad practices are prevalent in ESRI everywhere. Very lousy programming in the UI of the final products for designers and developers. 

JessePapez__-_RR
New Contributor II

I was just doing some testing and getting annoyed with the multiple versions of symbols I had uploaded, was looking for how to remove them and found myself here.

I'm going to follow up to the "they will disappear eventually" solution (in case others follow the same path of googling that I did). It seems these are stored in cookies, so clearing the right cookie (or all associated with arcgis.com) did clear that list of symbols out for me.

0 Kudos
LukeHenderson1
New Contributor II

Thank you for sharing this. Clearing cookies fixed it for me.

0 Kudos