new web map viewer

12-02-2021 02:13 AM
Labels (1)
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

I really love lots of the new features in the new web map viewer - grouped layers (yay!), more elegant and customisable pop-up boxes, and a wider range of symbols are all fantastic - thank you!

I'm a bit frustrated though that none of these new features can be used in the Web App Builder.  Lots of us have a lot of applications already built in WAB, and it's a shame that we can't take advantage of these new web map functionalities. 

Is it the intention of ESRI that we move apps like this to Experience Builder, or is it intended for WAB to be able to use the newer functionality in the future?

Very many thanks, 

Helen 

4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey Helen, 

Glad to hear you are enjoying all the features we are bringing to the new map viewer.  WAB will not be getting support for these new features we are adding. Mainly because WAB is built off of the 3.X version of the JS API and the new map viewer is built off of the latest JS API version 4.x and we wont be back porting these features to the 3.x JSAPI. So to get a seamless experience with features you will need to use 4.x applications like Experience Builder,  Dashboards,  Instant Apps StoryMaps and if you search 4.x in the configurable apps you will see apps there as well that are 4.x based.

RussellRoberts1_0-1638453034332.png

0 Kudos
HelenCooper

Thanks Russell,

It looks as though there are some bits of functionality that I can't bring across from WAB unless I'm missing a trick?  The most important (to me) is the styling of the layers widget.  I really like the way this works in WAB, with the checkboxes, and the legend integrated into the layer panel - it makes it really easy for end-users to navigate and understand what they are seeing.  Is there any way of replicating this in Experience Builder?

Thanks, 

Helen

HelenCooper_0-1638453396433.png

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I dont think this is possible. I would post this on experience builder forum https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder/ct-p/arcgis-experience-builder

And this is the functionality you would be requesting: https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/sample-code/widgets-layerlist-legend/

0 Kudos
HelenCooper

Thanks Russell, I'll do that. 

0 Kudos