New SAML Certificate E-mail Delay

09-29-2022 01:24 AM
Labels (2)
ZeldaEls
New Contributor II

Good Day ESRI

Why was the new SAML Signing and Encryption Certificate e-mail only send on 27 September 2022 after the existing certificate expired 25 September 2022? This created downtime on apps used for operational purposes.

In the previous years we had one month's notification of the change in the certificates.

Kind regards,

Zelda

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarianneFarretta
Esri Contributor

Hello Zelda,

I'm sorry to learn of the disruption to your organization and appreciate your reaching out here, thank you.

As you know, some organizations enable signed requests and encrypted assertions and must therefore annually update the ArcGIS Online SAML certificate.

Each year, Esri sends an email to each organization using the SAML certificate, advising of the upcoming expiration and offering direction on which actions are required to avoid service disruption.

For a subset of organizations using the SAML certificate, an internal error resulted in this year's email reminder being delayed by one day. We're working with individual organizations and Account Teams to support those who were negatively impacted by this delay, and I'd be happy to engage with you and your team further if you'd find it helpful.

My direct email is mfarretta@esri.com; you're welcome to contact me at your convenience.

Thank you,
Marianne

Marianne Farretta
Product Manager | ArcGIS Online
Map Viewer | Premium Feature Data Store
380 New York St | Redlands, CA 92373 | USA