Map Viewer Sketch new color selectors don't work

06-24-2022 04:55 AM
CarlSack
New Contributor

Trying in both Firefox and Edge on Windows 10, in the just-updated Map Viewer, when I try to change the color of a square sketch using the new color pickers, nothing happens. The color of both fill and line remains black after selecting a new color and clicking "Done".

P.S. A separate feature request--it would be nice to be able to duplicate or copy-paste selected sketch features within the sketch layer.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yup color selector issue should be addressed in the patch rolling out soon.

- We are planning more efficient actions within sketch. What is your workflow for copy and pasting your are looking for?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

fix is live.

0 Kudos
Heidi_Kristenson
Occasional Contributor

I'm still having issues changing the colors for my sketch polygons. I'm using Chrome.

By default, it shows up as a white outline with a white fill (set to 75%). I can change the transparency (or turn off) for either the fill or the outline, but I have not been able to figure out how to change the color of either the fill or the outline. Am I missing something? Nothing happens if I click on the edit icon. Do I have to somehow pre-load colors to use?

Also, the slider bars and the number/arrow interfaces for the transparency settings are not connected. I can either drag the slider, or change the number, but a change in one is not reflected in the other (as illustrated for the outline in the screen shot below).

Heidi_Kristenson_0-1670550397839.png

Thanks,

Heidi

0 Kudos
Heidi_Kristenson
Occasional Contributor

Hmm, I wasn't able to save my map with the sketch, so eventually just reloaded the page and started a new sketch. The color pickers seem to be working now. And the transparency sliders look different (and are connected to the numeric interface). Not sure what that's about, but I'll take it!

Heidi_Kristenson_1-1670551333356.png

CarlSack
New Contributor
Great, thanks. It would just be nice to select a sketch feature, then
control-C and control-V to duplicate it, or maybe have a duplicate button,
to add something identical in another location.
0 Kudos
CarlSack
New Contributor

The color pickers now work, however I just noticed that when working with sketch pop-ups, the "Add Content" button does not. I am also having an issue where if I try to edit the pop-up content of a sketch feature, when I deselect it, I cannot select and edit another feature, and if I close the sketch tools, the panel will not reopen.

0 Kudos