Map Viewer Pop-up Docking not working

Jump to solution
01-14-2022 11:24 AM
CPHSDnelson
New Contributor II

I have read about the new features included with the new Map Viewer.  The feature I was specifically interested in was the ability to have the pop-up dock to the edge.  I am utilizing the Map Viewer with the Web Appbuilder.  When I create the map the feature works but as soon as I add the map to the Appbuilder and open it it does not work.  

I can not get this feature to work for the life of me.  Could anyone advise me as what settings I map be missing.  In Arc GIS online I have went to Organization>Settings>Map and made sure the new version was selected.  

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

As an option, if you are primarily interested in a docked pop-up, Sidebar and Minimalist are two Instant Apps that allow configuring the pop-up information to appear in a side panel.

BernSzukalski_1-1642208297467.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The "dock popup" is a setting you have to enable while using a map.

jcarlson_0-1642192271316.png

Interestingly, the Map Viewer seems to have the popups just dock automatically. But in every other context, you've got to click the "Dock" button first, then your popups will dock for the rest of that session.

I really, really wish that it was an org-level setting to dock popups by default, but for now, no luck.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
CPHSDnelson
New Contributor II

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I will give this a try. 

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

As an option, if you are primarily interested in a docked pop-up, Sidebar and Minimalist are two Instant Apps that allow configuring the pop-up information to appear in a side panel.

BernSzukalski_1-1642208297467.png