Map not appearing in Field Maps

Jump to solution
10-18-2022 03:37 PM
Labels (1)
MattCotterill
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to share and view a map in Field Maps, but it's not appearing.

I've set up a group and shared it with my organization and group.

It prompted me to update the sharing levels of the different elements in the map.

I clicked on "Open in Field Maps"

Copied the url in "Share Via Link" and emailed it to myself

Clicked on the link in my mobile device

Field Maps opens, but there is no content under "Maps"

Did I miss a step?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SaraJL
by
Occasional Contributor III

I agree that it has to be an account issue!

If you are using SAML/Google log in, make sure that you are logging into the mobile device the same way that you would access ArcGIS Online in your browser. One thing that I've seen happen - if you enter your login information using the text boxes instead of the Google button or org log in, it may log you into your account but nothing will show up (this has happened to some of our users)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

If you go to the Web Map > Item Details > Settings, scroll to the bottom, is it enabled for use with Field Maps?

This setting is useful when you don't want to flood fieldworkers with all maps in your organization they could access.

If no luck, can you also confirm you are signed in with the correct account? Are you seeing it as the web map owner? Are you seeing other maps?

0 Kudos
MattCotterill
Occasional Contributor

Yes, the enabled for Field Maps Mobile box is checked.

I'm the owner of the map and signed in as the owner.

I'm not seeing any maps.

ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Not sure then. Maybe try a different device with the latest version installed.

All the general troubleshooting for this is is 1) are you signed in 2) is the map enabled 3) do you have access to the content. As the owner of maps, with the same arcgis account in ArcGIS Online and in the Field Maps app, you should be seeing the maps you own.

From a user side I can only really suspect there is some confusion with the accounts e.g. maybe you are signed in with SSO into Portal for ArcGIS on Field Maps with the same username you have in ArcGIS Online. So you are actually connecting to two different portals with the same user account. Or it's device/software issue, so testing on another device could identify that. 

If you can share some screengrabs it may help otherwise I'd suggest reaching out to technical support.

Here's an article showing more steps on the reasons we have already reviewed:

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000025756

SaraJL
by
Occasional Contributor III

I agree that it has to be an account issue!

If you are using SAML/Google log in, make sure that you are logging into the mobile device the same way that you would access ArcGIS Online in your browser. One thing that I've seen happen - if you enter your login information using the text boxes instead of the Google button or org log in, it may log you into your account but nothing will show up (this has happened to some of our users)

MattCotterill
Occasional Contributor

Thank You! I created the map and was logged into the map with my admin account which is not set up with the org log in. I created a copy with my user account and logged in and there it was. Thanks again!