Joined Feature Layer and Table, pop up no longer working in Map Viewer

02-06-2023 09:01 AM
JohnsCreekGIS
New Contributor III

I have joined a hosted feature layer and a hosted table to make a Latest Inspection layer using the Join Feature in ArcOnline Map Viewer Classic. When I insert the layer into Map Viewer, select a feature, the popup does not work. If I go to Map Viewer Classic, the popup works just fine. Is there a capability issue with these types of layers in Map Viewer? 

The popups use to work as there are whole dashboards created in my organization dedicated to the information that the table provided. I am in the process of updating them and I am unsure why I am getting this error now.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When you say "Join Feature", I'm assuming you are doing a "live" attribute-based join?

How is the popup configured in the new map viewer when you look at it?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JohnsCreekGIS
New Contributor III

Yes. That is what I meant. The pop-up is configured to the layer default. The only time that the pop-up will even render in Map Viewer is when I am in the configuring pop-up tab and it shows the example. I have attached what it looks like below. I have tried removing all but one field to see if it was the amount of fields that made it take forever to load and then time out but I am still receiving the same issue.

- Cat Cronlund

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What if you changed it from a fields list to a text or Arcade item? Does anything change?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JohnsCreekGIS
New Contributor III

Unfortunately, no. I still get the loading circle and then it times out.

The pop-ups load immediately in Map Viewer Classic. I made an App with WebAppBuilder as an experiment and the pop-up works which I assume is because WebAppBuilder utilizes Map Viewer Classic. The end result on where I want to use this is in Dashboard and Experience Builder. Both use Map Viewer.

-Cat Cronlund

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Any chance the layer's public?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JohnsCreekGIS
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This seems like it could be a bug of some kind. When I load the map and open the "Configure Popup" menu, it sends a GET request to the service to return the feature attributes.

When the map is clicked, it sends a POST request. It does eventually return the data, but takes a long time. I watched the network traffic on a couple other basic layers as well as attribute-join layers, and none of them send POST requests, just this one.

In Classic, however, the GET request is sent when the layer initially loads, so the data is "already there", as opposed to being fetched upon clicking the feature.

I don't know that this gets you any closer to solving the issue, but could be something for Support to look into further. I have no idea why your service in particular would exhibit different behavior from a variety of test layers.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JohnsCreekGIS
New Contributor III

Thank you for looking into it. It gives me more information than I did previously. I will get with Support to see if they can help resolve this issue.

Thank you!

Cat Cronlund

0 Kudos