How to change a feature service "supportsTruncate" service property from false to true?

08-23-2022 04:45 AM
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

So I have been really looking forward to using the Truncate Table tool in ArcGIS Pro 3.0 with feature services, as per the documentation here: 

I have managed to test this and had it working and have gotten carried away including it in some models that previously had tedious find/delete blocks using joins and "Where A <> B" clauses. I'm pretty sure I even had it working.....but now it isn't! I've gone and checked my feature services and I'm finding in the Service URL JSON that supportsTruncate is false. This is on a new feature service that I swear this was set to true before. I've tried updating the JSON but alas, that did not work. 

How can I make a feature service support the Truncate function?

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1661255001991.png

P.S. Also checked and the feature service is editable and has the Delete option selected, and yes, I am an Admin as well with full control rights. 

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos
3 Replies
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA

I'm bouncing this back to the top of the activity list as I haven't had any responses and I still have no idea how to change this. I'd LOVE to be able to use the truncate tool to wipe a feature service in models that we build, but I can't until this setting is changed. 

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
0 Kudos
PeterHodkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi @LindsayRaabe_FPCWA,

I also noticed recently that I couldn't update the supportsTruncate property of an ArcGIS Online hosted feature layer using the REST API Update Definition function, despite getting a successful response to the operation. As a result, I had a bug logged for this behaviour which is currently in review. This is logged as BUG-000155843. 

I hope this is helpful information for you, although I'm afraid I've not found a workaround for this yet so can't fully answer your question.

Best wishes,

Peter

(PS - apologies for the double reply, just adding to this post also for completeness)

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA

No worries about the double up - reply is here for anyone else looking for it: ArcGIS Pro Truncate Table GP Tool Could Work on Po... - Esri Community

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
0 Kudos