How to add domain to ArcGIS Solution

06-24-2021 08:48 AM
irector_tlg
New Contributor

I recently deployed the Sewer Data Management for ArcGIS Online Solution. After adding my data, I wanted to add a new field and domain to one of the existing layers but, so far,  I’ve only been able to figure out how to add the field. There doesn’t seem to be a place to add a domain in AGOL and when I try and add the domain in ArcPro, it says the domains are read only and cannot be added to. 

I’m sure I must be missing something because I’m just trying to create a new domain which should be pretty simple. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

The place to access the domains in AGOL is by clicking on the field in the Data tab and accessing its "List" as described here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/define-attribute-lists-and-ranges.htm#GUID-6E9A9...

Send screenshots of what you see for that field.

irector_tlg
New Contributor

irector_tlg_0-1624623764706.png

As you can see, there is no place to add a new list. 

0 Kudos
Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

Was it published by someone else and you do not have edit permissions? What are the sharing permissions for the feature layer?

0 Kudos
GelisaJoseph
Esri Contributor

The Creator field you are showing is a for editor tracking so a list cannot be added to that field. Can you create a list for a field such as the Notes field? 

0 Kudos
irector_tlg
New Contributor

The layer was published by me and shared with me. 

0 Kudos