How do I enable editing only on some attributes within new map viewer?

09-16-2021 10:21 PM
NaomiBegg
Occasional Contributor

I have a map that is being used in collector.  Because of the new Map Viewer, all the fields have now become editable, whereas I only want a select few to be editable by the collector users.

Within the old map viewer I would toggle editing on/off within the attribute editor (shown within the popup editing window).  How do I do similar in the new Map Viewer?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi Naomi

It seems this is still a "limitation". Not sure if it by design but from what I've read you have to configure it on layer level.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-questions/new-map-viewer-does-not-honor-field-configurat...

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@NaomiBegg I'm not at my desk now, but is it possible to configure this on the. Visualisation tab of the item from the content page? You can configure popups here, so might be able to save with the layer at the layer level as @DeonLengton says?

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi David

It does seem like you can do it on the Visualisation tab / map...

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg
Occasional Contributor

I had considered that. However I'm using the same layer on a different map which is within a Web app which has slightly different fields selected for editing. This would mean that I would then have to create a view of the layer.  For folder space and clarity I would have preferred not to have a view since there is minimal but important differences between the two maps.

0 Kudos
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

I agree - it makes more sense to me as well to allow the configuration of this in the WebMap and not the source /  view layer

0 Kudos