Help setting up webhooks using either integromat or power automate to send an email containing attribute data for new features

10-14-2021 12:39 PM
MatthewBeal
Occasional Contributor III

I am looking to have either integromat or power automate send an email to certain employees when a new feature is added to a AGOL hosted feature service. I have been using integromat so far, and I can get it to send an email each time a new feature is added, but I can't figure out how to access the attribute data for those new features. I would like to have that email formatted to include some information pulled from the feature service. All of ESRI's documentation that I have seen seems to deal with Survey123 and power automate. This video goes over the process but unless I have missed something, it completely glosses over the proper configuration of the first "Parse JSON" module, and I can't figure it out. I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide on this. Thank you!

5 Replies
ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

Hi @MatthewBeal ,

I have had similar issues although I found the documentation useful. I have created a similar workflow in the past please see the below image, you will not be able to view the attributes directly, however, there are some steps involved. You can refer to the below image:

ManishPatel_0-1634265836860.png

ManishPatel_2-1634266244334.png

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Manish
MatthewBeal

When you say "You will not be able to view the attributes directly", do you mean they won't come through on the email? I managed to get an email to send using the JSON mapped values from the change table, but the email just comes through as blank.

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

@MatthewBeal I'm trying to figure out the same thing after watching that same video. Did you figure out how to set up a data structure?

0 Kudos
MatthewBeal

Unfortunately, I was not. I will be revisiting the issue for a different project after the new year so if I do get it figured out, I will be sure to follow up!

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I ended up just emailing myself the output for each step and using that as a sample for it to model the structure from. This article really helped me: Create a Hosted Feature Service Webhook (esri.com)

0 Kudos