Custom ArcGIS Online Basemap Layers Not Displaying

01-25-2022 03:55 PM
Labels (3)
KenRich
New Contributor II

I am trying to set up some custom base maps in ArcGIS online to use in some of our web apps. The maps come together fine. I put the data into the base map section of the map contents and I'm using map image layers. I put them in a group with the proper sharing according to the documentation. When I add the group to my applications none of the layers I added are displayed in the base map. I have tried putting the data on our portal, putting it on AGOL and pulling from someone else's portal with no success.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Ken,

Can you show a screenshot of what you're seeing? In my experience, if I tried using an application like Story Maps, I cannot view a basemap that has vector tiles on it. The only basemaps that I can view within the story map app are just simple raster/image-based basemaps.

0 Kudos
KenRich
New Contributor II

Here is me setting up the basemap that is in the gallery.  The other picture is me setting the basemap gallery in my app. It should be the land ownership basemap but it doesn't draw the SITLA layer in the basemap.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Ken, what app are you trying to use to see this grouping of basemaps? And can you view non-grouped basemaps? I have seen similar behavior from similar data sources. I was making a story map and my embedded web map would not show the basemap if it was a wmts from the UGRC or so, like any of these:

AdrianWelsh_0-1643215046971.png

So I had to stick with default Esri basemaps.

0 Kudos
KenRich
New Contributor II

I am using the web app builder and the crowd source apps. I can get our standard org base map gallery, which uses the UGRC maps and the standard ESRI basemaps to work. All their data works fine. Its just when I try to use my own custom gallery that data in the basemaps stops drawing. I would see about adding a map to the org gallery but the admins don't want to clutter our gallery with basemaps that are only used in one or two apps. I did try individual maps as basemaps today and it still didn't like the data. I will look and see if my data is being pulled in as wmts.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I am wondering that since WAB and the crowdsource maps do not fully support 'grouped' layers in the table of contents if that is causing the problem. I am not really sure without testing it thoroughly like you are doing!

0 Kudos