Change ownership of items in a partnered collaboration?

02-03-2023 07:58 AM
RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to change the ownership of content within a partnered collaboration like you can within an ArcGIS Online account?

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Matt-Huser
Occasional Contributor

I was just attempting this as well and came here looking for an answer!  I was not able to migrate the content through ArcGIS Online directly.  I did a quick test to see if the updated ArcGIS Assistant was able to handle this process and for a bare bones StoryMap, it was able to copy the content between organizations. This does assume you have a login for the other organization (which defeats the purpose of a Partnered Collaboration)

If you are short on time you could try this out until we get an official response from ESRI.  The ability to change ownership from one organization to another through the collaboration is functionality I really hope is possible!

RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Matt. Very interesting.

0 Kudos
JanetSilb_Spike
New Contributor III

I would also like to know if this is possible. Thanks @RandyMcGregor3 for posting the question. 

0 Kudos
Matt-Huser
Occasional Contributor

Besides using AGO Assistant, there was new functionality just released for Python 2.2.0 that should help.  Here is the language shared from Esri's Kelly Holleran blog post:

"What's New - ArcGIS API for Python 2.2.0

The ArcGIS API for Python 2.2.0 was just released and added support for StoryMaps, WebScenes, Survey123, and Experience Builder in the clone_items method! This means that you can now transfer these items from one organization to another using python.

To see how this works, check out my GitHub here

And go here to see what else is new in the ArcGIS API for Python 2.2.0!"