BRAND NEW user..little clumsy...How to derive(map) household Income inside drive time polygon

01-25-2022 11:17 AM
MichaelVerruto
New Contributor

Sorry for such a RTFM kind of question - I have I promise - but am hung.... I am doing 5,10,15 and 30 min drive times TO a specific site - want to determine the population, median and average household income(s).... Would then like to learn how to capture the data that populated the spreadsheet viewer- like as a csv export maybe? Sorry for such a newbie question... 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AmandaRing
Esri Contributor

Hi Michael,

If you don't already have the demographic data, I think you may be looking for the Enrich Layer analysis tool, which will allow you to choose variables such as population and household incomes to each of the drive time areas you have created.

Once you have your result, you can use the Extract Data tool, or navigate to the item details page and Select 'Export Data' and choose 'Export to CSV file'

AmandaRing_0-1643134591409.png

Let me know if this helps, or if there's a different part of the workflow that you're struggling with.

Cheers,

Amanda

Amanda
Product Engineer - Web Analysis
0 Kudos
MichaelVerruto
New Contributor

Thank you SOOO much Amanda! - Not *sure* how to do that.... I am reading the tutorials I promise...will try again but I must be missing something in the synapses - can't quite follow

0 Kudos
AmandaRing
Esri Contributor

Hi Michael,
Do you already have your drive time areas created, or are you looking to create them first? Can you clarify what step are you stuck with?

Can you access the Analysis tools using the button shown here?

AmandaRing_0-1644239406136.png

Once there, you'll want to expand the Data Enrichment category and click the Enrich Layer tool

AmandaRing_1-1644239488360.png

If you can't see the analysis button, you may not have the required privileges. As described here, the administrator of your organization needs to grant you the following privileges to perform analysis:

• Create, update, and delete content
  • Publish hosted feature layers
  • Spatial Analysis
  • GeoEnrichment <-- since you want to Enrich the data
  • Network Analysis <-- if you need to create the drive-time areas

These privileges are available with a Creator or GIS Professional user type and a Publisher, Facilitator, or Administrator role. If you do not have these privileges, you will not see the Analysis button.

Amanda
Product Engineer - Web Analysis
0 Kudos