Attributes can be edited even though only "Add" is selected.

10-18-2021 03:00 PM
LCTechLogin
New Contributor III

I'm putting together a small geocaching game - so everyone needs to be able to edit the geocaching points - but I have the editing options only as an "Add" so no one can cheat and put their name instead.  Though no matter what I try, the attribute table remains editable.  What am I missing?

Also, I have checked to keep track of who adds a feature - but when I create a new feature in Field maps, or in the online app - it is not tracking any names.

Signature for a badge - a fair trade.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you clear your browser cache > Sign-in again to ArcGIS Online > Add the hosted feature layer to a map viewer > Check again if Fields in Attribute Table are locked for editing?

It's locked in my case

JayantaPoddar_0-1634597410839.png

JayantaPoddar_1-1634597505339.png

Think Location
0 Kudos
LearnThenShare
New Contributor III

Is it possible since you created the hosted feature layer that you will always be able to edit everything?  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/manage-hosted-feature-layers.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_C...

"Manage editor settings

As the owner of a hosted feature layer, or an administrator, you can ...  If you allow others to edit, you can also record editors' logins and further restrict feature access based on those logins.

The owner of the hosted feature layer can edit the layer even if editing is not enabled on the layer."

0 Kudos
LCTechLogin
New Contributor III

When I have the data in map viewer - it is showing as locked, but when I go to the layer itself under the data tab - it is not locked there.  I cleared the browser cache and did tried from a different account, but it is still editable under the data tab.

Signature for a badge - a fair trade.
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Only if you are logging as the data owner, you can edit from the data tab. Others can't. Could you check and confirm?

Think Location
0 Kudos