Track Location every second

03-06-2014 11:46 PM
WilliamRentier
Esri Contributor

With the Track Location layer in a webmap it's possible to automatically track the collector.
Unfortunately this setting has a minimum of 30 seconds. This would be great when it’s possible to save de collectors position every second or 5 seconds. Because in 30 seconds you can walk ,cycle or drive a certain distance.

0EME0000000TkXY

6 Comments
GISSupport3
You can set other times in the maps config file.
Peters_Amy

By config file, do you mean the JSON in the ArcGIS Online Assistant at https://ago-assistant.esri.com/ ?

I am in there now, and click the edit pencil, click where I can change the "updateInterval" "30".  That is 30 seconds so I changed it to "1" for 1 second, saved, and tested it in Collector app.  The tracklog is still only dropping a point every 30 seconds instead of every second.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

"locationTracking": { "enabled": true, "info": { "layerId": "Location_Tracklog_Hosted_9854", "updateInterval": "30"

Peters_Amy

GIS Support,

Could you please respond to my question below?  Should've done a reply to your comment.  Thanks.

GISSupport3

Hi Amy

Not sure what I was thinking!

Seems there are some changes at 10.5 and I am yet to set this up.

Track where collectors go—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Peters_Amy

Could you please confirm that a 1 second option will be available for ArcGIS online (not Portal) for location tracking in Collector 10.5?

Also, I was able to configure the JSON to “updateInterval” “1” but our GIS admin had to do it for me. I don’t have the credentials to do it myself in the ArcGIS Online Assistant.

Thank you.

Amy Peters, M.S., GISP

Geospatial Mapping and Analysis Section

Information Technology Bureau

South Florida Water Management District

(561) 682-2711

apeters@sfwmd.gov<mailto:apeters@sfwmd.gov>

WilliamRentier

A solution esri presented during the UC in San Diego this summer :

Location tracking App will be released in Q2 of 2019 as a capability of both ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS . The mobile app will be released on both the iOS and Android platforms. If you would like to participate in our early adopter program for location tracking, please email tracker4arcgis@esri.com.

Location Tracking Debuted at Esri User Conference (July 2018)