Add an Intuitive Date & Time Picker in the Edit form across ArcGIS Online

01-30-2023 02:15 PM
williamsonsa_fultonhogan
New Contributor III

Please add an intuitive Calendar and Clock style user interface for ArcGIS Online users who are editing Date and Time fields.

The user community really needs this in the Map Viewer and in 4.x web applications including ArcGIS Experience Builder. It is unrealistic to expect editors to manually type in DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS date times into the edit form when creating new features, or editing existing features.

Screenshot of where we would like to see intuitive Date & Time pickersScreenshot of where we would like to see intuitive Date & Time pickers

8 Comments
DominicRoberge2

HOW????? This is inexcusable

RussRoberts

This is in the works for the upcoming release. This will be seen across any apps using the 4.x JSAPI editor widget. 

williamsonsa_fultonhogan

Thanks @RussRoberts - That's great news.

KeithGerhartz1

Does anyone know when this release is due out? This is a deal breaker for us.

RussRoberts

@KeithGerhartz1 we are aiming for end of Feb for the release. 

PatOBrien

Hi @RussRoberts -
I am operating within ArcGIS Enterprise/Portal 11.1. 

We are experiencing the same behavior in both the Map Viewer Edit function and the Edit widget for Experience Builder.

Can you please let me know which ArcGIS Enterprise release the fix will be applied to?

As @DominicRoberge2  & @KeithGerhartz1 have alluded to - this is baseline functionality we would, and should, expect to provide to our end users.

RussRoberts

I don't think it will be part of a patch but in the 11.2 release.

PatOBrien

Thanks for update @RussRoberts