How to check package versions in ArcGIS Notebooks Online after June 2022 update?

Jump to solution
06-24-2022 09:52 AM
Labels (1)
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Hello, not sure if I'm just unable to find where it has moved to or if it was removed entirely, but prior to the most recent update there was an 'Info' button in the top menu where you could check the version of each package/module being used by the current version of Notebooks you had open. This was very helpful in troubleshooting.

Does anyone know where it can be found, now? Or if it was removed, please consider re-adding it?

-Aaron
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
xlt208
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi @AaronKoelker,

Thank you for reaching out! There were no major changes to the "Info" pane in the June 2022 update. Could it be that you had a brand new, unsaved notebook opened when looking for the pane? We display the "Info" pane when the notebook opened has been saved as a Notebook item in your content.

Would you please check again and let us know if the "Info" pane and the runtime info are visible again?

In addition to the runtime table on the "Info" pane, there are other places to check the package versions in the current environment.

1. ArcGIS Notebook Runtime Manifest
  2. In the notebook editor, you can call conda list to check all packages or a specific package.

I hope this is helpful! Please get back to us if there are other questions!

Best,

Lingtao X., Product Engineer for ArcGIS Notebooks

View solution in original post

2 Replies
xlt208
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi @AaronKoelker,

Thank you for reaching out! There were no major changes to the "Info" pane in the June 2022 update. Could it be that you had a brand new, unsaved notebook opened when looking for the pane? We display the "Info" pane when the notebook opened has been saved as a Notebook item in your content.

Would you please check again and let us know if the "Info" pane and the runtime info are visible again?

In addition to the runtime table on the "Info" pane, there are other places to check the package versions in the current environment.

1. ArcGIS Notebook Runtime Manifest
  2. In the notebook editor, you can call conda list to check all packages or a specific package.

I hope this is helpful! Please get back to us if there are other questions!

Best,

Lingtao X., Product Engineer for ArcGIS Notebooks

AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Doh! That’s exactly what it was. I had opened a new Notebook just to see if any of the packages had been updated. Thank you for clarifying the behavior of the Info pane for me, I had never noticed it worked that way before. Much appreciated!

-Aaron
0 Kudos