Error: 9999 for Create Database Connection on an ArcGIS Notebook Server

04-29-2022 07:06 AM
RVx_GaslineGiS
New Contributor III

I have a notebook that was created and tested on ArcGIS Pro. On pro, it works without issues. I've been trying to transition that notebook to work on a Notebook server and keep running into issues.

The current problem is  an Error: 999999 when trying to use a Create Database Connection code segment (as below).  I've confirmed that the notebook server does have read/write permissions to the target location.

# set environment settings
arcpy.env.overwriteOutput=True
# Set feature class workspace
ws = r"/arcgis/directories/pgisfile01/Compliance/MandatedModel_TestEnvironment"
# Set gdb workspace
ws_gdb = os.path.join (ws, "CI.gdb")
print(ws_gdb)
# Set layer variables
ci_masterpoints = os.path.join(ws_gdb, "Points_Prod")
# Set maximo SDE connection 
sde_mx = arcpy.CreateDatabaseConnection_management(ws, 'tempmx.sde', 'ORACLE', 'dblocation','DATABASE_AUTH','username','password','SAVE_USERNAME')

Does anyone have any ideas on what else to test or diagnose to figure out why I get that general error? The same code works without issue on ArcGIS Pro with the only difference being a slightly different ws variable (the Notebook server is on a LINUX machine so needs to read/write using a different path name but it points to the same location as the Pro notebook did).

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RaviNarayanan
Esri Contributor

Hi @RVx_GaslineGiS The Notebook runtime image does not include Oracle client libraries. The documentation here has steps on how you can build a custom runtime image that includes oracle client libs. 

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/notebook/latest/install/linux/extend-a-notebook-runtime.htm#ESRI_SE...

There are two examples of Dockerfile listed in the doc above. The second example talks about adding Oracle Client libs.

0 Kudos