OD Cost matrix doesn't solve anything

06-29-2022 12:58 AM
LiquidDesert
New Contributor

Greetings.

I am currently doing a rather simple excercise with utilising the OD Cost Matrix where I'm supposed to connect the warehouses to the stores. Importing of origins and destinations wasn't an issue.  Homever when attempting to solve it the program shows such message:

No "Destinations" found for "One" in "Origins".
No "Destinations" found for "Two" in "Origins".
No "Destinations" found for "Three" in "Origins".
No "Destinations" found for "Four" in "Origins".
No "Destinations" found for "Five" in "Origins".
ERROR 030212: Solve did not find a solution.
No solution found.
Failed to execute (Solve).

I tried various solutions (some of which were proposed from this forum) but to no avail. What do I need to do in order for this to work?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello.  I can't quite tell from your question, but are you working through this tutorial? https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/networks/od-cost-matrix-tutorial.htm

Here are a couple of ideas:

1. Are you sure you loaded the destinations?  Open the attribute table for the Destinations sublayer of your OD Cost Matrix layer.  Is there anything in it?
  2. Are the Origins and Destinations actually in the right geographic area?  Maybe you accidentally loaded something else.  You can zoom to each sublayer to see where they are on the map.
  3. Is your OD Cost Matrix layer using the right network dataset?  Maybe when you created the layer, you forgot to update the network data source, so it's referencing one of the other tutorial datasets.

If none of those are the problem, please post more details about your workflow and what you've tried so far.

0 Kudos
LiquidDesert
New Contributor

1. Yes, Destinations were loaded, I even repeated the steps according to the tutorial you have attached

2. Yes, they are in the right geographic area being basically less than kilometers apart from each other

3.  It is using the right network dataset, When creating one I ordered it to use all of the layers I have loaded (several ones including roads, buildings, points of interests, shops, and warehouses

When importing the destinations I received a warning:

WARNING 030184: Your input locations are 3D, but they have an unknown Z coordinate system. Points will be located on the network as if they were in a 2D plane, ignoring all Z coordinates.

I tried a lot, firstly I tried to swap the destinations and the origins with no avail same thing with manipulating around cutoff (which is supposed to be 4km) and the time setting. I also changed search criteria, and field mappings, also no results. I have noticed that I cannot change the mode which is <Custom>. 

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

So you created your own network dataset, and you're not using the one provided by the tutorial?  If so, I suspect that's the problem.  Something in the way you've created your network dataset is probably not working right.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "When creating one I ordered it to use all of the layers I have loaded (several ones including roads, buildings, points of interests, shops, and warehouses".  When you create a network dataset, it should include only roads and other lines that can be traveled on.  You should not include buildings or points of interest in the network itself.  If you've done that, and then you also try to use those as inputs to the network analysis, the analysis inputs may locate on features in the network that aren't connected to anything.

Here is a tutorial all about how to create a network dataset: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/networks/how-to-create-a-usable-network-datas...

If you're still having trouble, you will probably need to reach out to Esri Support, and they can walk you through the process or examine the network you've created.

0 Kudos
LiquidDesert
New Contributor

By that I meant that when creating new network dataset I included all the layers in "Source Feature Classes" since the Shops and Warehouses points does not show them when importing Destinations and Origins as I want to make a OD Cost Matrix with them. I also tried modifying the network itself by modifying what goes and not goes into "Source Feature Classes"

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

You should not include the Shops and Warehouses in the network dataset as "Source Feature Classes".  Only roads and things you travel on should be part of the network. Your shops and warehouses should be used as analysis inputs.  You add those to your network analysis layer as input Origins and Destinations.  Then, the network is used to model travel from each origin to each destination.  But the network itself should work with any input data, not just the shops and warehouses.

It sounds like you're experiencing some pretty big challenges here.  If you call Support, they can help guide you through the workflow and answer all your questions as they come up.  They can do a lot more than we can do here in this forum.

0 Kudos