06-30-2022 08:13 AM
XB1
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

ArcPro/ArcGIS online uses the HERE network to provide catchments, routing, etc

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/network-coverage.htm

The HERE network has an API that allows you to run catchments 

https://developer.here.com/documentation/isoline-routing-api/api-reference-swagger.html

I assumed that Arc would be using the HERE API, but I cannot make the catchments match. The parameters don't exactly line up (ArcOnline offers traffic options for a typical Monday at 8AM, while HERE you have to specify a date). No playing with the parameters will make them the same

XB1_0-1656601246266.png

XB1_1-1656601608941.png

I am wondering if anyone has any insight into this. I can post more code if it would be helpful

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online uses the Network Analyst extension to provide the routing and drive time polygons. It does not use HERE API. Network Analyst can work with any user provided network dataset. The ArcGIS Online logistic services uses Streetmap Premium network dataset that is based on HERE's street data. The results are probably going to be different as they use different approaches and perhaps the network dataset settings are different as well.

Jay Sandhu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online uses the Network Analyst extension to provide the routing and drive time polygons. It does not use HERE API. Network Analyst can work with any user provided network dataset. The ArcGIS Online logistic services uses Streetmap Premium network dataset that is based on HERE's street data. The results are probably going to be different as they use different approaches and perhaps the network dataset settings are different as well.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
XB1
by
New Contributor II

Thank you @JaySandhu for clearing this up, very helpful.

0 Kudos