network analyst solved sequence erratic behavior

11-29-2021 12:03 AM
SOTIRIOSTRIANTOS
New Contributor III

i am using ArcGIS desktop 10.7.1 and network analyst extension. There seems to be an issue that creates the following erratic behaviour (makes pointless circles as seen in the following image)

spiral_routing.PNG

if i change slightly the erratic stops offset the problem is fixed

no_spiral_routing.PNG

i am using Either side of vehicle as curbapproach, override as AssignmentRule and no timezones. I suspect that it might be an issue of curbapproach and Addlocations method. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

any one-way streets?

what happens when you remove curb approach?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
SOTIRIOSTRIANTOS
New Contributor III

Curb approach "Either side of vehicle" is the default setting. Oneways do exist but they dont justify those pointless circles. If i change turns from constant to global turn delay this problem can be manipulated. But a setting that works ok in one area doesnt work in another. It seems that the solver tends to skip sequential routing in dense areas.

0 Kudos
HeatherMoe
Esri Contributor

That is an interesting question. Off setting the stops slightly might change the OD enough to give a different solution but it is hard to really say why the answer changes so much from just the pictures. I would suggest opening a ticket with support so we can dive into this further. 

0 Kudos