Select to view content in your preferred language

Register Agent Error

Jump to solution
05-09-2024 09:01 AM
Dan_Brumm
Occasional Contributor II

I am attempting to register the Arcmonitor agent for my Development system. I already have my Production system setup successfully.  I am following the same setup configuration. 

Error Message: Input validation failed for operation. id must be an integer. Received: add (see attachment) 

Dev tools show an error: Failed to load resource /arcgis/setup/registerAgent:1 server responded with a status of 400 bad request. 

Arcmonitor Server: 2023.3.1

Arcmonitor Agent: 2023.1  ( Originally tried version 2023.3.1 but got an error. I thought using an older version might help) 

Development Enterprise System: Enterprise 11.1 

Production Enterprise System: Enterprise 10.9.1

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. rebooted the Arcmonitor server and my Development host. 
  2. Used the Arcmonitor servers IP address and DNS name when registering agent
  3. Used different versions of the agent
  4. Tried registering the agent from different hosts in the environment
  5. I deleted all of the Custom Usage Reports in my ArcGIS Server.  

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Dan_Brumm,

The agent and server version must match in order for registration and monitoring to be successful. Please attempt registering a 2023.3.1 agent with server again and reply with the error you're seeing.

Thanks,

Josh

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Dan_Brumm,

The agent and server version must match in order for registration and monitoring to be successful. Please attempt registering a 2023.3.1 agent with server again and reply with the error you're seeing.

Thanks,

Josh

Dan_Brumm
Occasional Contributor II

Changing the agent version did work. I was initially trying with the latest version, and it was giving me an error. I think something on our network may have been blocking it. Who knows?? all good now though.

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos