ArcGIS Monitor Not Creating Windows Service

Jump to solution
07-05-2022 11:28 AM
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

I am having an issue installing ArcGIS Monitor. I am able to install it, but the post-installation is not working. I configure the settings for the post install and click "Run Post Install." After a few seconds, the box closes with no messages. If I look in Windows Services, it does not create an ArcGIS Monitor service.

The account that I am running the post-install as is an admin account.

If I look in event viewer, there are two errors: Application error and .Net Runtime Error. That is all that I have to go off of. I can't find any other logs or error messages that tells me what is wrong, and the event viewer logs don't give me enough information to be able to figure out what the issue is. I attached a screenshot of both event viewer logs.

Any ideas on what could be the issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @RyanUthoff,

I am having an issue installing ArcGIS Monitor. I am able to install it, but the post-installation is not working. 

A couple of things to check:

1. Ensure that the data and the ArcGIS Monitor\Server location is the same. As per this discussion thread.
2. Ensure there is no anti-virus software running on the machine you're installing on. 

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @RyanUthoff,

I am having an issue installing ArcGIS Monitor. I am able to install it, but the post-installation is not working. 

A couple of things to check:

1. Ensure that the data and the ArcGIS Monitor\Server location is the same. As per this discussion thread.
2. Ensure there is no anti-virus software running on the machine you're installing on. 

Hope this helps,

RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

Yep, anti-virus identified ArcGIS Monitor as a security threat. Thank you!