ArcGIS Monitor - Add users via AD Group

Jump to solution
05-04-2022 06:50 AM
LindseyDagnall
New Contributor II

I have a few Active Directory groups that we would like to assign as a user to view ArcGIS Monitor. Is this functionality available yet?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately no, ArcGIS Monitor does not have a way to tie into Active Directory. You could create individual users for the groups, instead of all the users in those groups.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately no, ArcGIS Monitor does not have a way to tie into Active Directory. You could create individual users for the groups, instead of all the users in those groups.

0 Kudos
John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

Is this functionality going to be available in the future v11 release or sometime thereafter? It would be helpful to at least have the same authentication methods as Enterprise from a standardization and auditing perspective.

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @John_Spence,

Is this functionality going to be available in the future v11 release or sometime thereafter?

The next ArcGIS Monitor release (now called ArcGIS Monitor 2022) will only support built-in users. As far as supporting adding Monitor users via Windows Active Directory, we haven't seen enough demand from customers. But it is under consideration as an enhancement for a future release. 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
HeatherM_JDI
New Contributor III

Is there an idea for this? I would up-vote it!

0 Kudos
ialsmadi
New Contributor

I am trying to add users to my ESRI ArcGIS and cant find where and how

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @ialsmadi,

I am trying to add users to my ESRI ArcGIS and cant find where and how

I'm not clear on what you would like to do, can you please be more specific? What do you mean by "ESRI ArcGIS" exactly?

0 Kudos