ArcGIS Monitor 2023 Http counter

02-14-2023 06:53 AM
JavierLlorenteSautu
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1 has the Http Counter that  allow you to track the HTTP response code, response time, content length, server time, and network time for specific URLs but in ArcGIS monitor 2023 there is nothing similar. It could be very interesting to be able to have this counter in the new ArcGIS Monitor 2023.

Tags (2)
12 Comments
GeoJosh

Thank you for this feedback! This is a feature that is being considered for a future release of Monitor.

Josh

EricAnderson_DHS

This is unfortunately a huge loss in functionality between 10.8.1 and 2023. We previously used the HTTP/HTTPS counter to get alerts when certain open-source/publicly available REST endpoints would go down - say if we were pulling ArcGIS Online open services into our Portal environment. 

DougYurek

We utilize many 3rd party map/feature/tile services that our applications rely on to operate.

Periodically, these services go down or have long response times that affect our users. Some of these services are basemaps that will bring down an entire app because it won't load and we like getting ahead of the incident/tickets that will come in from our users.

It would be nice to add a map/feature/tile service URL as a resource component to simply test for availability and response times.

EvanMosby

Hi Doug

This is definitely a feature the dev team will be introducing. It is on the roadmap.

BobBarker

I agree this was was a huge loss in functionality, and one of the core ways we used ArcGIS Monitor.  Here's a link I posted regarding https and db counters with similar issues: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-monitor-questions/ability-to-monitor-specific-urls/m-p/1281850#...

SAMUELAMATO

Yes Please

SW-WesleyHallLTAN

This has my vote

IanMooser_DSHS

Yes Please, even something like what was in 10.8.1, still use for this - I used this for various extremal services and websites, we deemed important

SteveMcCarthy

It would be a huge help for us too.

EvanMosby
Status changed to: Under Consideration