Excel Reports in 2023

03-21-2023 10:37 AM
SteveMcCarthy
Occasional Contributor

Would like to see the Excel Reports in Monitor 2023.  They are really helpful when tuning your environment, as your environment changes these reports allow us to change resources as needed.

7 Comments
DougYurek

I agree. 

The Excel Report was a great overview of the environment to quickly scan and analyze. The new Analysis options are great, but we're going to end up spending a ton of time building queries and charts to get to the same answers. 

EvanMosby

Hi @SteveMcCarthy @DougYurek 

Similar Excel reporting can be accomplished through the Excel Report available here:

Excel Report for ArcGIS Monitor - Esri Community

I believe more enhancements will be made to it soon.

JamesBratton

@EvanMosby I tried to access that link for the Admin Utility, and I get a message that the item cannot be found.

EvanMosby

Hi @JamesBratton - Thanks for bring this to my attention! The link has changed from ArcGIS Online to the Esri Community here:

Admin Utility for ArcGIS Monitor - Esri Community

I've updated the earlier comment to reflect the changed location

EvanMosby
Status changed to: Implemented

JamesBratton

@EvanMosby the question was about Excel reports, but your response (and link) is about the Admin Utility.  It seems to me that the Admin Utility is used to deploy and build in ArcGIS Monitor.  Does it produce reports?  I found a blog post about Excel Report for ArcGIS Monitor which appears to be what I was looking for in this Idea - https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-monitor-blog/excel-report-for-arcgis-monitor/ba-p/1291933

EvanMosby

Hi @JamesBratton - I believe you asked about the Admin Utility earlier, but it does not produce reports. I believe at one time, both the reporting and the admin utility were a single tool, but they were split by the author to simplify usage. The link to the Excel Report tool is indeed at the one you found:

Excel Report for ArcGIS Monitor - Esri Community