Spatial Attributes for S-57

Jump to solution
10-12-2022 10:33 PM
CBBiong
New Contributor III

Currently working in ArcGIS Pro 3.0

Where do I find the spatial attributes like QUAPOS for S-57 objects? I can't seem to find it in the ENC schema.

Thanks in advance!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

Hello @CBBiong,

ArcGIS Maritime stores this information as line features in the PLTS_SpatialAttributeL feature class in the Nautical feature dataset.

Thanks,

Paulina

View solution in original post

CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

A little bit more information on this.

For points, QUAPOS is an attribute on the feature itself,.

For lines and polygons, as Paulina mentions above, you create a feature in the PLTS_SpatialAttributesL feature class. You digitize the feature as a shared edge along the segment of line or polygon that you want to apply QUAPOS, and then populate the attribute in the PTLS_SpatialAttributesL feature. 

I have created a task in our queue to create help documentation for this in ArcGIS Pro. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

Hello @CBBiong,

ArcGIS Maritime stores this information as line features in the PLTS_SpatialAttributeL feature class in the Nautical feature dataset.

Thanks,

Paulina

CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

A little bit more information on this.

For points, QUAPOS is an attribute on the feature itself,.

For lines and polygons, as Paulina mentions above, you create a feature in the PLTS_SpatialAttributesL feature class. You digitize the feature as a shared edge along the segment of line or polygon that you want to apply QUAPOS, and then populate the attribute in the PTLS_SpatialAttributesL feature. 

I have created a task in our queue to create help documentation for this in ArcGIS Pro. Thanks!

DBrocato
New Contributor

@CraigTGreene Has the documentation you mentioned here been posted anywhere?

0 Kudos
CBBiong
New Contributor III

@Paulakark @CraigTGreene Hi guys! Thank you so much for replying 🙂 Cheers!

0 Kudos