Maritime Attributes in ArcGIS Pro 3.1

Jump to solution
03-22-2023 01:28 AM
CBBiong
New Contributor III

Working with ArcGIS Pro 3.1 Maritime

I noticed that when I create a maritime gdb from scratch (meaning I did not import any S-57 file.. I just created the GDB, imported the ENC XML file, then set the agency and compilation scale), I can't see the Maritime Attributes in the attributes window.

CBBiong_0-1679473503009.png

The Maritime Attributes only appear when I imported from an S-57 file like so

CBBiong_1-1679473628621.png

Is there anything I should be doing to the maritime GDB so I can view the Maritime Attributes? Or is this an issue with 3.1?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

Hello @CBBiong,

I've just tested your workflow and could not reproduce the issue you're seeing. You should be able to see Maritime Attributes when creating data in an empty geodatabase with the maritime data model. 

Have you tried to restart ArcGIS Pro?

Also, can  you confirm that you were using the following workflow:

1. Created an empty file geodatabase.
  2. Imported the ENC schema from the 3.1 product files:Paulakark_0-1679481700183.png

When importing the schema, you chose the "Import data and schema" option:

Paulakark_1-1679481803154.png

3. Once the schema was imported, you added the EditingProperties table to a new map and updated the Agency attribute.
  4. You added CoastlineL to the map and created a new coastline feature.

Thank you,

Paulina

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

Hello @CBBiong,

I've just tested your workflow and could not reproduce the issue you're seeing. You should be able to see Maritime Attributes when creating data in an empty geodatabase with the maritime data model. 

Have you tried to restart ArcGIS Pro?

Also, can  you confirm that you were using the following workflow:

1. Created an empty file geodatabase.
  2. Imported the ENC schema from the 3.1 product files:Paulakark_0-1679481700183.png

When importing the schema, you chose the "Import data and schema" option:

Paulakark_1-1679481803154.png

3. Once the schema was imported, you added the EditingProperties table to a new map and updated the Agency attribute.
  4. You added CoastlineL to the map and created a new coastline feature.

Thank you,

Paulina

0 Kudos
CBBiong
New Contributor III

Hello @Paulakark ,

Thanks for the fast response. I now see what I did differently, I chose Import Schema only instead of Import data and schema. We've been used to just importing the schema so I did not think of this. I can now see the Maritime Attributes. Thanks!

Paulakark
Esri Contributor

Hello @CBBiong ,

Glad to hear your issue is solved! 🙂 

Some of the tables (such as S57FeatureClasses and PLTS_MASTER_SLAVES) in the maritime data models contain data, and that is the reason why you need to use the "Import Data and Schema" option when importing the XML.

Thank you,

Paulina