Is there a plan to introduce the functionality of the S-57 Viewer add-in to ArcGIS Pro in the near future?

Jump to solution
01-23-2018 11:43 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a very useful tool in desktop, but we are attempting to migrate our workflow to Pro.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

In the February release of ArcGIS Pro (version 3.1) The ability to load S-57 into ArcGIS Pro will be available. The replacement behavior for the old ArcMap S-57 Viewer is called the S-57 Layer in ArcGIS Pro. Simply click the Add Data button and browse to a .000 file to add it to the Map. Once you have S-57 data in the Contents Pane, a new ENC Layer tab will appear on the ribbon. On this ribbon you will find the Symbology button. If you click on that, it opens an S-57 symbology user interface with the S-52 symbology controls. 

No separate install or extension is required, this new ENC Layer capability comes natively with ArcGIS Pro. 

View solution in original post

14 Replies
TomDePuyt
Esri Contributor

Hi  Meredith,

We do have it in our ArcGIS Pro roadmap but have not set a target release yet.  Feel free to check back with me in a few months for an update.

With regards to using S-57 data in ArcGIS Pro are you looking to load individual ENC datasets that are not officially released by NOAA yet?  If you are only looking to view the released ENC datasets you can load your NOAA ENC Online services (REST or WMS) into ArcGIS Pro work with the data that way.  

Thanks,

Tom

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Part of our workflow for hydrographic survey planning requires loading individual and specific ENCs. I also need to isolate individual ENC elements during my workflow. I also have a workflow where I interpolate surfaces from the individual SOUNDG points.

ZacharyHassler
New Contributor

Good morning Tom!

I'm just checking to see if the ball has been moved forward on a S-100 Viewer extension for ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
KevinMayall
Occasional Contributor III

Just checking in to see if there is an update for viewing S-57 files in ArcGIS Pro.

Kevin
TomDePuyt
Esri Contributor

Hi Kevin,

S-57 has not made it into a formal release plan yet.  I have forwarded your request and will push to prioritize S-57 in ArcGIS Pro.

Do you require the use of S-63 datasets as well as S-57?

Thanks,

Tom

KevinMayall
Occasional Contributor III

We do not require S-63 at this time.  I would add that we are outside of the US, so NOAA chart services are not an option.

Kevin
JohanJohansson1
Esri Contributor

Hi!

When is this implemented? Im working with a client that need this S-57 viewer

in Pro as soon as possible.
Best/
Johan

0 Kudos
CurtHammill
Esri Contributor

Hi Johan,

Will the client accept the functionality provided in the Data Interoperability extension to Desktop? That supports S-57 for some use cases.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/data-interoperability/supported-formats-with-the-data-in...

Regards,

Curt

0 Kudos
JohanJohansson1
Esri Contributor

Hi!

It can be useful until the S-57 viewer is implemented in ArcGIS Pro, do you have any Idea when this is going ot take place? What you suggest is a workaround, how much work is it to do this convertion of the s57 data to a geodatabase with interoperability extencion? Is it even possible, because of the encryption of the s57 charts?
Best/
Johan 

0 Kudos