how to display s-57 in arcgis pro

04-29-2022 01:33 AM
songqin
New Contributor III

I'm trying to import S-57 files into a geodatabase with arcgis pro 2.9,So far, I've done the following:

1. Create a file geodatabase and imported ENC schema ( I used [installed folder]\ MaritimeCharting\Desktop10.8\Nis\Schemas\WorkspaceNAUTICAL_NIS_TEMPLATE_GX.xml)

2. run [Import S-57 To Geodatabase] and I get the following error:

------------------

ERROR 160333: The table was not found.

-------------------

How do I do that here?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
pocalipse
New Contributor III

Hi
Which database are you using (if any) ?
We have seen the same issue using either Postgres or a local collation in SQL!

0 Kudos
CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Please see my other reply regarding the workspace xml that you can use for ArcGIS Pro. Additionally, there are likely some limitations with Postgresql because ArcGIS supports only lowercase field names in Postgresql. And, in S-57 there is a distinction between lowercase and uppercase field names. 

Let me know if you run into any issues w/ it though I think we could change the field mappings in one of the xmls to all lowercase and it would work. The only issue would be if you're trying to use Inland ENC, since it requires both upper and lower case field names. 

0 Kudos
CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

The workspace xml you referenced is for the ArcMap extension. For Pro, the workspace xmls are delivered with the Data Package that you can install through MyEsri. When you install this, be careful to choose the install location. I recommend you install it to:

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\Maritime

Once installed, you will see an S-57 folder. In that folder, find the NAUTICAL_ENC_TEMPLATE_GX_EXTCLSID.xml. This is the S-57 workspace xml for ArcGIS Pro.

I have copied the workspace xml here for you as well. 

Additionally, I have added the Maritime.lyrx to the attached zip. You can add this to a project and resource the top layer to your maritime geodatabase by clicking the red exclamation point next to it, and all the other layers will automatically resource as well. This will provide you with some basic symbology and labeling.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

songqin
New Contributor III

thanks !

As you said ,The workspace xml  is for the ArcMap extension, because I can't  find NAUTICAL_ENC_TEMPLATE_GX_EXTCLSID.xml in my folder.

When I try to use the workspace xml with your provided,it is OK!thanks!

next step ,I refresh the symbol ,A new problem  appeared.

1.how can I display the correct symbol ?

image.png

2.Where can I find the file:NAUTICAL_ENC_TEMPLATE_GX_EXTCLSID.xml ?Install it in separate package? 

image.png

0 Kudos
CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

It looks like you're missing some fonts. I thought since you had ArcMap Maritime installed, you would have the necessary fonts. I have attached the nautical fonts. You need to copy them to your Windows\Fonts directory.

These fonts will be released with ArcGIS Pro 3.0 in June, so this will be resolved in the next release. 

If you saved your project with the fonts you see in your image, then you will need to re-add a new copy of the Maritime.lyrx because the font replacement for the missing fonts will now be saved to the layer file.

Regarding the ArcGIS Pro ENC geodatabase workspace xml, it is installed with the maritime 'product files', which you have access to through MyEsri. Here is a help topic on how to install the product files.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/production/maritime/download-and-install-product-files...

When installing these product files, I strongly recommend you install them to

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\Maritime

This is where all the other resource files are installed, so it makes them easier to find if you install them there.

Let me know if you have more questions. 

songqin
New Contributor III

Thanks again! When I used the fonts,I've successfully display  S-57 with arcgis pro.

0 Kudos
S6
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Do we have lyrx file for S101?

0 Kudos