How to creation IHO S-100 product specifications using Maritime (extension for ArcGIS Pro)

06-20-2022 11:00 PM
songqin
New Contributor III

How to creation IHO S-100 product specifications using Maritime (extension for ArcGIS Pro),

I found some Geoprocessing tools to complete the conversion from S-57 to S-100,Now,I want to know how to  creation IHO S-100 Electronic Navigational Charts from beginning?

What the Ways of realizing S-100  with Maritime for arcgis pro?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

Hello @songqin 

As you probably know the S-100 standard is not finalized yet, but you can already perform following tasks with S-100 in ArcGIS Pro:

• Convert S-57 data to S-101 format.
  • Import an S-100-based feature catalog into a geodatabase.
  • Import products into a geodatabase for centralized management and editing.
  • Create and edit S-100 features.
  • Manage feature associations.
  • Create depth area features.
  • Create land area features.
  • Export data from a geodatabase to S-100 format.

You can create a S-101 ENC database by importing the S-101 ENC schema into a geodatabase. 

Download the schema: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/production/maritime/download-and-install-product-files... 

Import the schema: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/production/maritime/create-arcgis-maritime-schema.htm 

Edit S-100 features: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/production/maritime/display-scale.htm 

Thanks,

Paulina

songqin
New Contributor III

Thanks, Paulina

I found some tools that can will migrate  ArcMap production NIS and Product Library to arcgis pro ,I will try it.

how can i disply s-100 in arcgis pro  by correct symbol? use some  project template? how can i find the template?may be I can throug placement function to create a new s-100 featue

0 Kudos
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

To my knowledge there is currently no layer file for displaying S-100 data, but I believe it's on the roadmap for when S-100 becomes operational.

0 Kudos
songqin
New Contributor III

Thanks,Maybe someone  needs to make a S-100 template for Pro .

0 Kudos
GuyNoll
Esri Contributor

S-101, the replacement for S-57, is not yet a finalized specification. 

The S-101 Project Team met in JUNE to discuss the progress of S-101 Edition 1.1.0 that is planned for publication at the end of 2022.  The next full S-101 PT meeting is in November to finalize S-101 edition 1.1.0 and then a full S-100 WG meeting in December to approve it.

S-101 Edition 1.1.0 will be the next baseline before releasing S-101 2.0.0 for operational use in mid-2024.

S-101 Edition 1.1.0 will be baselined against S-100 Edition 5.0.0.   S-100 Edition 5.0.0 was endorsed by IHO at HSSC 14 (May 2022).  Official publication of the document will be this summer but S-101 and other IHO project teams are already updating schemas and product specs to use S-100 Edition 5.0.0.

There are a lot of contributions coming from IHO stakeholders right now and the project team is looking for industry to support S-101 1.1.0 for a focused testing effort in the first half of 2023.  This also aligns with our Pro 3.1 release.

0 Kudos