ENC Charts Symbology

09-23-2022 08:56 AM
kunjshethiya_1
New Contributor

Hello @TomDePuyt 

I am trying to import the S-57 cells to the Maritime Geodatabase and getting a symbology as shown below. 

kunjshethiya_1_0-1663948301824.png

I am not the getting the ring symbology as it is shown in the below image. 

kunjshethiya_1_1-1663948347924.png

I am getting this ring symbology while only using the ArcGIS Maritime Server extension and not in ArcGIS Pro. Can you please let me know that what's the reason for not getting the ring symbology in the ArcGIS Pro Maritime Desktop Extension. 

Your guidance will be of great help.

Thank you

3 Replies
CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

The light sectors (rings) are rendered on the fly directly from the S-57 data in the maritime chart service. However, in the geodatabase, since the actual light sector features are point geometries, additional line/arc geometries need to be generated to represent light sectors. 

In the next release of ArcGIS Pro, there will be a new geoprocessing tool - Generate Light Sectors, that creates these features in the geodatabase. 

Below you can see an example of the GP tool and the output in the geodatabase. 

CraigTGreene_0-1663949902551.pngCraigTGreene_1-1663949937452.png

Please let me know if you have more questions. 

0 Kudos
kunjshethiya_1
New Contributor

Hello @CraigTGreene ,

Thank you for your response. Can you please specify which ArcGIS Pro version will be having this Generate Light Sector tool. I am working on the ArcGIS Pro 3.0. 

0 Kudos
CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

The Generate Light Sector tool will be available in ArcGIS Pro 3.1. The planned release is in Q1 2023. 

0 Kudos