Legend text individual characters

Jump to solution
11-23-2021 12:20 AM
ErikKjellman
New Contributor III

When I open the AIX file in Illustrator, my legend text is no longer text boxes containing whole words or sentences but rather each letter is a separate text box. This seems to be inconsequtial across different legends, so I suspect it has to do with the amount of items in the legend (the only thing that differs between layouts). 

Also, some letters are turned into polygons when i check the box "Convert character marker symbols to  polygon" during export.

Are these simply bugs or can I do something to avoid this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi @ErikKjellman ,

Thanks for reaching out. The issue you're seeing with your legend text is a known bug. One possible workaround is to convert your legend into a graphic. You can do this in ArcGIS Pro by right clicking the legend in your contents pane, and selecting the "Convert to Graphics" option (see screenshot below for reference). Once you do this and export your AIX, the text splitting issue you're seeing should be resolved. Let me know if that works for you! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi @ErikKjellman ,

Thanks for reaching out. The issue you're seeing with your legend text is a known bug. One possible workaround is to convert your legend into a graphic. You can do this in ArcGIS Pro by right clicking the legend in your contents pane, and selecting the "Convert to Graphics" option (see screenshot below for reference). Once you do this and export your AIX, the text splitting issue you're seeing should be resolved. Let me know if that works for you!