Can You Format Print Layouts/Templates in WAB or Portal?

Jump to solution
11-08-2016 09:49 AM
WilliamMiller4
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

Is it possible to format print layouts/templates in Web AppBuilder or Portal? By 'format' I mean customize the legend and add a disclaimer to the bottom of the page, among other things. Or is this done somewhere else, like Arc Catalog?

Thank you.

William

0 Kudos
1 Solution
12 Replies
WilliamMiller4
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Robert.

I didn't think it had anything to do with WAB, but I was asked to look into changing the print layout formats, and I've been working primarily with WAB and a little with Portal.

William

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

William,

OK the links I provided will get you going then.

0 Kudos
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

Rather than publish my own custom print templates, I just want to make some minor tweaks to the default and republish them. I went through the Publishing additional services for printing tutorial and got to step 13. I chose the option to overwrite an existing service with the plan of overwriting the service that my web maps are currently using. However, there is no service (as near as I can tell) in the group of services that I have running on my server. Is it possible to overwrite the default print service? Or do I have to make my own and redirect the web app to pull from that folder?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Amy,

If you just want to make changes to the default print templates that will be used by the default print service then you just make change to the MXD(s) and then restart ArcGIS Server and the changed mxds will be used.

0 Kudos
AmyRoust

No luck on that method, unless I'm editing the wrong MXDs. I've updated the ones in C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.4\Templates\ExportWebMapTemplates and restarted ArcGIS Server, but there's no change online. That folder is not registered in my Data Store, which makes me wonder if I'm just in the wrong place.

0 Kudos
MichaelMiller2

The path to the templates should be something like this. 

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\Templates\ExportWebMapTemplates

AmyRoust

OK, so I was definitely in the wrong folder! Sadly, I made the changes there, restarted ArcGIS Server, and the old layouts are still there.

0 Kudos
MichaelMiller2

I'm not sure, but I think you might need to re-publish that service for the changes in the MXD's to be reflected.

0 Kudos