4.25 AMD build

11-10-2022 05:36 PM
JethroLeevers
Occasional Contributor

I have an application based off the AMD sample (https://github.com/Esri/jsapi-resources/tree/master/4.x/amd)

When I upgrade the API to version 4.25 I get a few issues, I have tried to resolve them but further issues arise.

1. remove "esri/views/2d/engine/webgl/fontUtils", from the mapViewDeps include section (it complained about this file missing)
  2. change the optimizeOptions language in from ECMASCRIPT_2019 to ECMASCRIPT_2020 (some of the new codebase uses ECMASCRIPT_2020 features, ??)

After this I get an exception in the closureCompiler

I then tried bumping the version of dojo-util from git+https://github.com/Esri/dojo-util.git#1.16.3-esri to git+https://github.com/Esri/dojo-util.git#1.17.3-esri but the exception is still happening

null
  Node(OPTCHAIN_CALL): scheduling.js.uncompressed.js:5:1633
define(["exports","./maybe","./nextTick","./PerformanceSampler","./PooledArray","./promiseUtils","./time"],(function(e,n,t,r,o,s,i){"use strict";let a=function(e){this.phases=e,this.paused=!1,this.ticks=-1,this.removed=!1},c=function(){function e(e){this.callback=e,this.isActive=!0}return e.prototype.remove=function(){this.isActive=!1},e}(),l=0,u=0;const m={time:i.Milliseconds(0),deltaTime:i.Milliseconds(0),elapsedFrameTime:i.Milliseconds(0),frameDuration:i.Milliseconds(0)},d=["prepare","preRender","render","postRender","update","finish"],f=[],p=new o;let h=function(){function e(e){this._task=e}var n=e.prototype;return n.remove=function(){this._task.removed=!0},n.pause=function(){this._task.paused=!0},n.resume=function(){this._task.paused=!1},e}();const k={frameTasks:p,willDispatch:!1,clearFrameTasks:M,dispatch:D,executeFrameTasks:b};function w(e){const n=new c(e);return f.push(n),k.willDispatch||(k.willDispatch=!0,t.nextTick(D)),n}function v(e){const n=new a(e);return p.push(n),null==T&&(l=performance.now(),T=requestAnimationFrame(F)),new h(n)}let T=null;function M(e=!1){p.forAll((e=>{e.removed=!0})),e&&g()}function A(e){u=Math.max(0,e)}function F(){const e=performance.now();T=null,T=p.length>0?requestAnimationFrame(F):null,k.executeFrameTasks(e)}function b(e){const n=i.Milliseconds(e-l);l=e;const t=u>0?u:1e3/60,r=Math.max(0,n-t);for(let o=0;o<d.length;o++){const s=performance.now(),a=d[o];p.forAll((s=>{if(s.paused||s.removed)return;0===o&&s.ticks++;s.phases[a]&&(m.time=e,m.deltaTime=0===s.ticks?i.Milliseconds(0):n,m.elapsedFrameTime=i.Milliseconds(performance.now()-e),m.frameDuration=i.Milliseconds(t-r),s.phases[a]?.call(s,m))})),R[o].record(performance.now()-s)}g(),P.record(performance.now()-e)}const x=new o;function g(){p.forAll((e=>{e.removed&&x.push(e)})),p.removeUnorderedMany(x.data,x.length),x.clear()}function D(){for(;f.length;){const e=n.assumeNonNull(f.shift());e.isActive&&e.callback()}k.willDispatch=!1}function y(e=1,n){const r=s.createResolver(),o=()=>{s.isAborted(n)?r.reject(s.createAbortError()):0===e?r():(--e,t.nextTick((()=>o())))};return o(),r.promise}function _(){const e=s.createResolver(),n=v({postRender:()=>{n.remove(),w(e)}});return e.promise}const R=d.map((e=>new r(e))),P=new r("total");e.FrameTaskHandle=h,e.addFrameTask=v,e.debug=k,e.performanceInfo=R,e.performanceTotal=P,e.schedule=w,e.setFrameDuration=A,e.waitAnimationFrame=_,e.waitTicks=y,Object.defineProperties(e,{__esModule:{value:!0},[Symbol.toStringTag]:{value:"Module"}})}));
  Parent(COMMA): scheduling.js.uncompressed.js:5:1489
define(["exports","./maybe","./nextTick","./PerformanceSampler","./PooledArray","./promiseUtils","./time"],(function(e,n,t,r,o,s,i){"use strict";let a=function(e){this.phases=e,this.paused=!1,this.ticks=-1,this.removed=!1},c=function(){function e(e){this.callback=e,this.isActive=!0}return e.prototype.remove=function(){this.isActive=!1},e}(),l=0,u=0;const m={time:i.Milliseconds(0),deltaTime:i.Milliseconds(0),elapsedFrameTime:i.Milliseconds(0),frameDuration:i.Milliseconds(0)},d=["prepare","preRender","render","postRender","update","finish"],f=[],p=new o;let h=function(){function e(e){this._task=e}var n=e.prototype;return n.remove=function(){this._task.removed=!0},n.pause=function(){this._task.paused=!0},n.resume=function(){this._task.paused=!1},e}();const k={frameTasks:p,willDispatch:!1,clearFrameTasks:M,dispatch:D,executeFrameTasks:b};function w(e){const n=new c(e);return f.push(n),k.willDispatch||(k.willDispatch=!0,t.nextTick(D)),n}function v(e){const n=new a(e);return p.push(n),null==T&&(l=performance.now(),T=requestAnimationFrame(F)),new h(n)}let T=null;function M(e=!1){p.forAll((e=>{e.removed=!0})),e&&g()}function A(e){u=Math.max(0,e)}function F(){const e=performance.now();T=null,T=p.length>0?requestAnimationFrame(F):null,k.executeFrameTasks(e)}function b(e){const n=i.Milliseconds(e-l);l=e;const t=u>0?u:1e3/60,r=Math.max(0,n-t);for(let o=0;o<d.length;o++){const s=performance.now(),a=d[o];p.forAll((s=>{if(s.paused||s.removed)return;0===o&&s.ticks++;s.phases[a]&&(m.time=e,m.deltaTime=0===s.ticks?i.Milliseconds(0):n,m.elapsedFrameTime=i.Milliseconds(performance.now()-e),m.frameDuration=i.Milliseconds(t-r),s.phases[a]?.call(s,m))})),R[o].record(performance.now()-s)}g(),P.record(performance.now()-e)}const x=new o;function g(){p.forAll((e=>{e.removed&&x.push(e)})),p.removeUnorderedMany(x.data,x.length),x.clear()}function D(){for(;f.length;){const e=n.assumeNonNull(f.shift());e.isActive&&e.callback()}k.willDispatch=!1}function y(e=1,n){const r=s.createResolver(),o=()=>{s.isAborted(n)?r.reject(s.createAbortError()):0===e?r():(--e,t.nextTick((()=>o())))};return o(),r.promise}function _(){const e=s.createResolver(),n=v({postRender:()=>{n.remove(),w(e)}});return e.promise}const R=d.map((e=>new r(e))),P=new r("total");e.FrameTaskHandle=h,e.addFrameTask=v,e.debug=k,e.performanceInfo=R,e.performanceTotal=P,e.schedule=w,e.setFrameDuration=A,e.waitAnimationFrame=_,e.waitTicks=y,Object.defineProperties(e,{__esModule:{value:!0},[Symbol.toStringTag]:{value:"Module"}})}));

D:\DEV2022\geocirrus\OctonionDojo\dist\esri\core\watchUtils.js:. OPTIMIZER FAILED: JavaException: java.lang.RuntimeException: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR.
Please report this problem.

Will the sample be updated or is there something else I can do to get the latest version to build in AMD? Is there any way to get more verbose messages from the closure compiler?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

The 4x AMD samples are deprecated as it becomes more difficult to get apps and other modern bits to play nice together. We won't be updating them. You can try updating to the latest dojo utils, with the latest closure compiler. 

We have a fork with 1.17.3 here.

https://github.com/Esri/dojo-util/tree/v1.17.3/esri-3.42.0

0 Kudos
JethroLeevers
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Rene,

The Esri fork of the dojo-util did not work but I had success using the the original. "dojo-util": "^1.17.3"