Zone Lookup not working.

Jump to solution
01-10-2023 10:39 AM
GISManager4
Occasional Contributor

I created a zone lookup for water customers to see if they are provided water by us, but now its not working. Anyone else having issues with this function? It worked when it was created.

Linked to instant app: https://coadwm.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=875c535003a049f38cb5f834710830dd

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @GISManager4 ,

Looks like there is an issue with Nearby, Zone Lookup and Sidebar having a custom locator as the only locator service in the org. I was able to reproduce the behavior on my end when I was testing. The team is going to look into the issue.

As a workaround, I think you will need to have the ArcGIS World geocoding service added as a locator in the organization. Then in the app add the custom locator using the search configuration. As for the apps you have already created that are experiencing the issue, I haven't come across a way to get them up and running again so the best way forward is to create a new app and add the custom locator  in the search configuration settings. 

2023-01-12_10-57-51.png

2023-01-12_10-57-44.png

Thanks!

Sarah

View solution in original post

18 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

It looks like there aren't any search sources configured. If you go into the configuration for that app and search for "Search" and configure at least one search source it should work again. 

0 Kudos
GISManager4
Occasional Contributor

I was previously configured. Instant Apps freezes up when I try to configure the search settings for the existing app as well as a new Zone Lookup app.

ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@GISManager4 @KellyHutchins The same thing happens to me, configuring the search settings freezes everything up.  We don't have the ArcGIS World Geocoding service in our organizations locators, either.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

@GISManager4  Strange. I just tested with a few pre-configured zone lookup apps and cannot repro. I am able to configure the search. If you look at the developer console when you configure the app are there any error messages? 

Do you have any locators configured for your organization? https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/administer/configure-services.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_0A9A071A7AB7...

0 Kudos
GISManager4
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I am using Metro Atlanta Locator.

GISManager4_0-1673380279021.png

I am unsure how to access the developer console.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Here are instructions for opening the dev tools for various browsers: 

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch002153.htm

Are you able to configure search for other instant apps? Or is it just Lookup?

0 Kudos
GISManager4
Occasional Contributor

I just tried to create a new Nearby app and yes same issue with the search settings.

0 Kudos
GISManager4
Occasional Contributor

I am seeing errors.

GISManager4_0-1673381286897.png

Screenshot 2023-01-10 150711.JPG

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Can you try an app like Media and if it configures successfully share the app url here? 

0 Kudos