Missing logo in header - chart viewer instant app

Jump to solution
11-03-2021 07:11 AM
SaraKidd
Occasional Contributor

I've created a chart viewer instant app. The logo is missing and just shows the placeholder image and text which runs into the title in the header. I know it's in beta so I'm not sure if it's the app or on my end. I have a logo uploaded to my org and I don't see anywhere else to change the logo in the app config.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi Sara,

Just a quick follow up. A fix has been implemented and logos should appear in the header now. 

Within Chart Viewer's app configuration, you'll need to enable the 'Shared theme' setting. 
If express setup is on, the setting will be in Theme & Layout.
If express setup is off, the setting will be in Theme & Layout > Theme. 

Finally, you'll need to upload a logo within your organization's settings. 

Sample app: 
https://webapps.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/charts/index.html?appid=349bb4e15d5c4159bf66c5f6a7bc894...

Please let us know if you have further questions. 

Thanks,
Ryan

View solution in original post

13 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello @SaraKidd 

It seems the app is inherent of your organization settings.  Make sure that the shared logo for your org is shared publicly.  

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
SaraKidd
Occasional Contributor

@ABishop The logo is uploaded to my organization and it appears on the organization home page publicly. I don't see any other settings? I'm looking in my Org under the General page.

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

I tried doing the same thing just now and my org logo isn't showing in the header either.  Maybe like you said, since its BETA, they haven't added this customization setting yet.  Maybe try putting this post in the idea board on GeoNet?  I'll vote for you! 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the feedback, shared theme logos will show in the header of the Chart Viewer app in the next update of ArcGIS Online. 

0 Kudos
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi Sara,

Just a quick follow up. A fix has been implemented and logos should appear in the header now. 

Within Chart Viewer's app configuration, you'll need to enable the 'Shared theme' setting. 
If express setup is on, the setting will be in Theme & Layout.
If express setup is off, the setting will be in Theme & Layout > Theme. 

Finally, you'll need to upload a logo within your organization's settings. 

Sample app: 
https://webapps.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/charts/index.html?appid=349bb4e15d5c4159bf66c5f6a7bc894...

Please let us know if you have further questions. 

Thanks,
Ryan

SaraKidd
Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much. For the benefit of anyone else reading this, I discovered that there are actually two places in the organization settings to upload a logo. I had one already loaded for the main account but there is also a place to upload a logo in the shared theme section in the settings. The second one is what appears in the app.

BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @RyanLibed I can't seem to get our Org logo to show up in the Sidebar app, though it is added under "Shared theme". Should the same settings apply there as with the Chart Viewer Instant App?

I am also not seeing a logo in your Sample app URL?

BrittanyBurson_0-1652470801849.png

I wish we could upload our own logo though, because we have different versions of the logo that work better against different colors.

My goal is to match WAB:

BrittanyBurson_1-1652470822850.png

But all I can get is:

BrittanyBurson_2-1652470839503.png

Settings:

BrittanyBurson_3-1652470911462.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi Brittany, 

You can upload your organization logo located in the organization settings:

RyanLibed_0-1652476752223.png

At that point, the logo should display in your app once the 'Apply shared theme' setting is on. In the near future, you will also have the option to upload a custom logo to your Instant App as well. 

Thanks,
Ryan

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the reply @RyanLibed . We have the logo shared there, it just doesn't show up in the header.

BrittanyBurson_0-1652477485998.png

Good to hear that a custom option is coming in the future!

0 Kudos