Replicate/Duplicate Insight Desktop app on Insights Online

Jump to solution
06-03-2022 09:46 AM
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have created an Insights desktop workbook that I would like to duplicate on Insights online. The purpose is to avoid uploading the data again on Insights online and creating the same workbook from scratch.

What steps do I need to perform for such a task?

Or with the latest Insights Desktop release is it possible to share a workbook to AGOL instead of individual pages?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

Hi @Ed_ 

This sounds like an issue, you may want to create an issue with the support or if possible share your .insightswbk file if possible. When you export the workbook are you using the copy all data or Reference data option?

This said, Sharing workbooks to your primary connection in the Desktop application was introduced in 2022.1. If you are to update your Desktop version you can try if this functionality works for your workbook. 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/insights/latest/share/use-shared-workbooks.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_355BB4663CD84...

If this doesn't work then we would like to get a sample workbook and/or steps to reproduce if possible.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor

Hi @Ed_,

There are several ways to do this. 

You can share your workbook to Enterprise or ArcGIS Online. Please see GIFFY below to see how to do this in seconds. 

Or you can download your workbook as an Insights Workbook file. Then log into your online portal, go to the Insights App, and on the Workbooks page select IMPORT WORKBOOK (next to NEW WORKBOOK in the upper-right). Select your downloaded Insights Workbook file and upload. 

I hope this helps, and thanks for using ArcGIS Insights!

Ian

-------------------
Ian Muehlenhaus
Location Analytics
Tags (1)
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

@Ian_Muehlenhaus I have version 2021.3 so it does not have the share options. So, I saved the workbook as a local file and tried uploading to Inisghts Online but it returned a generic error `Something went wrong` . Then I tried uploading it again and the process ends without an errors or warnings and I don't see the workbook uploaded. 

0 Kudos
Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor
Hmmm… I don’t know what’s going on then.

I will defer to others who may have an answer.

Sorry to hear about this road block. ☹
-------------------
Ian Muehlenhaus
Location Analytics
0 Kudos
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

Hi @Ed_ 

This sounds like an issue, you may want to create an issue with the support or if possible share your .insightswbk file if possible. When you export the workbook are you using the copy all data or Reference data option?

This said, Sharing workbooks to your primary connection in the Desktop application was introduced in 2022.1. If you are to update your Desktop version you can try if this functionality works for your workbook. 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/insights/latest/share/use-shared-workbooks.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_355BB4663CD84...

If this doesn't work then we would like to get a sample workbook and/or steps to reproduce if possible.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe