Join three tables in ArcGIS Insights

11-11-2022 09:47 AM
Shahadat_Hossain
New Contributor II

I want to display how a particular information of one table is linked/related with information of two other tables - all are hosted tables. After I joined the three tables, the display data/table option becomes inactive - I cannot see the joined tables. Perhaps it may be a simple issue or perhaps I am missing something.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Additional Information: Portal ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 (the screenshot is unfortunately in German, see the yellow highlight)

Further details:

I have three tables: (1) a list of companies with details (2) list of share holders of each companies (each company may have several shareholders) (3) daughter companies of the companies (each company may have several daughters). I want to display from a single (joined) table how many shareholders and sister companies (including share of each) each company have - the focal point is the company. Table 1 and table 2 have a m:1 relation, and table 2 and table 3 have 1:n relation - finally a m:n relation if we join the three tables.
Is there a way to join and visualize the three tables and visualize in ArcGIS Insights?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

@Shahadat_Hossain,

This is possible within Insights but in your situation, I believe the issue has to do with the lack of unique identifiers between the three tables. Do you see the following error when you hover over "View data table"?

Scott_Aulen_0-1668314590334.png

0 Kudos
Shahadat_Hossain
New Contributor II

Hi Scott_Aulen,
yes, I see the error. I also think this is an issue with the unique identifier. Is there a way out?

Regards,

Shahadat

0 Kudos
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

Do you have the access to edit the data sources? If so, adding the appropriate unique IDs to each table and then joining should work.

Unique identifiers

Shahadat_Hossain
New Contributor II

I was on holiday and therefore can give you a feedback only now. It works. Thanks.

0 Kudos