issue with connection file after upgrading from 2021.3 to 2022.3

01-30-2023 06:02 AM
LauraBecht
Occasional Contributor

Good morning everyone.  We just upgraded our enterprise to 10.9.1, and as a result had to upgrade insights to 2022.3.  When i opened an existing workbook that was fine before the upgrade, i got this error 'Data connection issue. Check if connection properties need updating and that all required vendor files are uploaded'.  The connection file was fine before the upgrade, and if i create a new one i will have to recreate all of my workbooks.  Is there an easy fix to this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
James_Whitacre_PGC
New Contributor III

@LauraBecht my suspicion is that you also need to update the required vendor file. See https://doc.arcgis.com/en/insights/latest/administer/vendor-files.htm. Make sure you select the correct version of ArcGIS Insights in the documentation link and download the exact version of the vender file, as they are very specific. We ran into this when we updated ArcGIS Insights Enterprise as well and had the wrong version of vender file. We uploaded the correct version and everything worked fine. We did not, however, have existing connections, so I am not sure if this will resolve your issue.

0 Kudos
LauraBecht
Occasional Contributor

@James_Whitacre_PGC not sure that is the fix in this situation.  We looked at the rest service for the connection file and it was 10.8.1, so somehow we need to upgrade the connection file to 10.9.1 as it apparently did not update when the enterprise did.  I will make sure we have the right vendor file version as well.

0 Kudos