Added Datasets Don't Appear in Insights

Jump to solution
11-22-2022 07:07 AM
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

Very new to Insights, still playing around. I added some Datasets via the New Dataset button but they don't actually appear there once uploaded. I can tell that they've been added; the below picture shows that I actually tried to add them multiple times since they didn't show up. you can also see that I have an Insights Workbook as an item in AGOL:

ZachBodenner_0-1669129504194.png

However, my Datasets and Workbooks tab remain empty:

ZachBodenner_1-1669129564986.png

ZachBodenner_2-1669129574107.png

Interestingly, the home tab shows my workbooks, but no data:

ZachBodenner_3-1669129605240.png

Is there something going on here that I'm not understanding? I created the dataset and it's shared with the whole org. so I am not quite sure why it wouldn't show up.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks Scott for helping me out! The Workbooks and Datasets tab default to items shared with me. Since I created the items and stopped there, they weren't technically shared with me, so just changing that selection to organization or my items does the trick:

ZachBodenner_0-1669237740497.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

@ZachBodenner,

A couple questions to help troubleshoot your issue:

1. You're using Insights in ArcGIS Online, correct?

2. Do you have publisher privileges on your AGO user account?

3. When you click on the Workbook or Dataset tab does the developer console show any errors?

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

1. That's correct, though ultimately I'll be using it primarily in Enterprise. Currently giving it the 21-day test drive.

2. Yeah, this is our admin account. 

3. No, no errors shown.

0 Kudos
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

That's quite odd. What happens if you try to open one of the workbooks from the homepage? I'm happy to schedule a call to walk through the issue if needed.

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

It opens up fine from the home page. We could certainly do a call. Do you want to send me a PM to set that up?

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks Scott for helping me out! The Workbooks and Datasets tab default to items shared with me. Since I created the items and stopped there, they weren't technically shared with me, so just changing that selection to organization or my items does the trick:

ZachBodenner_0-1669237740497.png