May I know how to create more than 3 levels of "Point of Interest" display structure in the "Explore" Section of "Configure Indoors Categories"??

04-24-2022 08:59 PM
MathewMak
New Contributor II

Hi,

I would like to ask if I can have below structure inside the "Explore" Section of "Configure Indoors Categories", is it possible to do so? If no, please suggest if there is any other method to do so, thanks!

Use Type (Facilities) > Name (Facilities) > Category Type (Point of Interest) > Category Subtype (Point of Interest) > POI point (Point of Interest)

*Remarks: Field Name (Indoors Feature Layers)

*Location of "Explore" Section: (In ArcGIS Pro) View > Indoors > Configure Indoors Categories > Explore

* Environment : ArcGIS Pro 2.8.3

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JasonHineEsri
New Contributor III

Hi Mathew, thank you for your question! 

It sounds like you would like to have an Indoors category hierarchy that goes more than two levels deep? Are you trying to make something like this?

• Top level: A category group named "Use Type"
    • 2nd level: A category group named "Name"
      • 3rd level: A category group named "Category Type"
        • 4th level: A category group named "Category Subtype"
          • 5th level: A category named "POI point"

Am I understanding correctly?

Jason

MathewMak
New Contributor II

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, this is exactly what I want like you listed to show in "Explore", with Top & 2nd level is from "Facilities" feature layers, others layers from "PoinofInterest" feature layers.

Do you have any solutions to it?? I look forward to hear you soon!

Mathew

Ng_Chi_Wai
New Contributor II

I also want to know how to do that. Thank you.

0 Kudos
JasonHineEsri
New Contributor III

Thank you for your questions! At this time, ArcGIS Indoors supports two levels of hierarchy under Explore: You can create category groups, and categories within those groups. A best practice is to design your categories and category groups so that users of the Indoors app can browse to a list of the types of features of interest in by making easy decisions and just one or two clicks/taps. 

Jason

0 Kudos
MathewMak
New Contributor II

Got it!

Thank you for your reply, Jason!

Mathew

0 Kudos